Now you can write and debug PowerShell scripts using the excellent IDE-like interface that Visual Studio Code provides.
Installation and information: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ms-vscode.PowerShell
This extension provides rich PowerShell language support for Visual Studio Code.
Now you can write and debug PowerShell scripts using the excellent IDE-like interface
that Visual Studio Code provides.
Launch Visual Studio Code, Quick Open (Ctrl+P), paste the following command, and press enter.
ext install PowerShell
- Syntax highlighting
- Code snippets
- IntelliSense for cmdlets and more
- Rule-based analysis provided by PowerShell Script Analyzer
- Go to Definition of cmdlets and variables
- Find References of cmdlets and variables
- Document and workspace symbol discovery
- Run selected selection of PowerShell code using F8
- Launch online help for the symbol under the cursor using Ctrl+F1
- Local script debugging and basic interactive console support!
- Windows 7 through 10 with PowerShell v3 and higher
- Linux with PowerShell v6 (all PowerShell-supported distributions)
- macOS and OS X with PowerShell v6